Maintaining Your Hardwood Floors in the Utica, New Hartford & Whitesboro, NY Areas
Contact Tru-Line Hardwood Flooring and Dust Free Resurfacing today!
Wood floors, properly finished, are the easiest of all floor surfaces to keep clean and looking new unlike carpeted that show wear regardless of care. Wood floors can be kept looking like new, year after year, with minimum care.
Here are a few tips to keep your hardwood floors looking like new:
- Keep grit off the floor. Use dirt-trapping, walk-off mats at all exterior doors to help prevent dirt, grit and sand from getting inside the building. Throw-rugs or small sections of carpet just inside the entrances are also recommended.
- In kitchens, use area rugs at high spill locations and traffic areas, like the sink, stove, and island areas
- To avoid uneven appearance, move area rugs occasionally and drape or shade large windows
- Wipe up food and other spills promptly with a dry cloth or paper towel. Use a slightly moistened cloth for sticky spills if necessary. Then wipe the floor dry with another cloth or paper towel.
- Put felt pads on the bottoms of your furniture; they allow furniture to be moved easily without scuffing the floor. Replace these often as dirt and debris can become embedded on the pad and act like sand paper on the flooring surface.
- Keep heels on shoes in good repair, especially high heels. Heels that have their protective cap missing or worn away exposing the steel support rod will dent any floor surface, even concrete.